Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 7: A movie that reminds you of a certain event

In August of 2005, I was staying in the beautiful Hilton on Michigan Ave. downtown Chicago. The weather was glorious. Not a cloud in the sky, mid 80s and breezy the entire week. Unfortunately, the entire time I was there, every television in the hotel was focused on what was going on at home. 

When I arrived at the hotel Katrina had just entered the gulf . Over the next few days, I watched (on TV) as it made it's way to land, wondering what was happening to my condo and family back home. 

Luckily for me, Louisiana got most of the damage. We had some flooding and minor damage in our area, but nothing major.
That would come later. Ike left me without power for 15 days.

Anywho, in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, the story is being told during Hurricane Katina. Every time I watch it I think of how strange that week was. 

And as worried as I was, I managed to have a blast and enjoy the beautiful weather of Chicago.  :)



And on a side note... yes. This was the same Chicago trip as my Ferris Bueller vacation. Heehee.





No comments:

Post a Comment