Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekly happenings...

So my dad had surgery last week. He had to have a hip replacement. He will eventually get the other one done as well, but now he's just healing. 

I had 2 days off so I decided to stay with him so my step mom could go back to work and I could spend some time with him. I was amazed when I got to his house Monday night. He was moving around and obviously didn't need the walker that the doctor insisted he use. 

When the therapist got there Tuesday afternoon he said "there is no need for me to be here. I'm releasing you to outpatient therapy". He also said he had never seen anyone as far along as him so quick. He's used to seeing my dad's style of progress after 3 weeks. He is now just using a cane and doing great.

In other news... it is day 6 of the juice detox and I feel great. Although my dad made me eat a few bites of steak and some spinach salad last night for dinner. I was miserable afterward. I guess my stomach has shrunk a little. But none the less, I have lost 6 pounds and feel great. 

I have an enormous amount of energy. No headaches. And I'm sleeping better than I can ever remember. I wake up feeling well rested and alert, instead of groggy and bogged down. It normally takes me a while to actually wake up and become coherent, but not any more.

The juice I am addicted to is:

8 baby carrots
1 celery stalk (with the leafy greens)
1 small beet
6-8 strawberries
1 apple
1 banana
10-15 grapes

It is delicious!!! Mostly tastes like strawberry and banana.

Well. It's now time to get all the cleaning and laundry done that I wasn't able to do the last couple of days so I bid thee farewell. Happy blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment