Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Juice Fasting




So I have started my juice fast.

A juice fast involves the short-term intake of raw vegetable and fruit juice and water only. Proponents of juice fasting use juice because it's thought to be a good source of vitamins and antioxidants. A juice fast is considered an extreme form of detoxification because no solid food is consumed. More moderate detox methods, such as the detox diet include solid food.

I am doing the extreme version.

Yesterday was day one. I didn't really feel hungry. I had a slight headache and was tired, which I believe is because I had NO caffeine. The warnings say you can expect to be dizzy, hungry, and have a headache in the first three days. After that your body responds and does what it should by clearing out all of the toxins. I will say that I think it is working because I had to pee every five minutes yesterday and woke up several time through the night. I have yet to feel light headed or dizzy but that could happen today...

Today's juice consists of mainly fruit. Apple, Pineapple, White Grapes, Lemon Juice, and Carrot. I'll get back to you later to let you know how the day goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment